Product Name: Seaprawn Head On 26-30 海虾全壳26-30
Packaging Size: NET 700GM/PKT
EXAMPLE PREPARATION - HEAD ON PRAWNS WITH CHILE, GARLIC & PARSLEY
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat; oil grate.
- Combine garlic, parsley, red pepper flakes, and 4 Tbsp. oil in a medium bowl.
- Working one at a time, use kitchen shears to cut along the length of the back of each prawn just deep enough into flesh to expose vein; remove.
- Toss prawns with remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in another medium bowl; season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Grill prawns, turning occasionally, until shells are bright red and meat is cooked through (it will look slightly opaque), about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to bowl with garlic-parsley mixture and toss to coat; season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Transfer prawns to a serving platter and pour garlic-parsley mixture over; sprinkle with sea salt. Serve with lemon wedges for squeezing over.
Ways To Defrost Prawns Safely:
Add 2 tablespoons salt to cold water (enough to completely submerge the prawns)
Take the frozen prawns out of the pack and soak them in the cold brine for
15-20 minutes till they thaw completely. Drain the liquid and use the prawns.
Make a few holes in a polybag and transfer the frozen prawns to it.
Place the bag in a bowl of water for 15-20 minutes till they defrost completely.
Take the frozen prawns out of the pack and place them in a colander or large sieve.
Place the colander under running water for a few minutes while moving the prawns
around so that the water runs over them evenly till they are defrosted completely.
Transfer frozen prawns to an airtight container.
Place the container in the refrigerator overnight or for 8 hours to thaw them.
Rinse with cold water before using them.
Can be frozen for up to 3 months at -18ºC or below.