Product Name: Australia Beef Oxtail Cut Vacuum Pack 澳洲牛尾
Packaging Size: 250GM/PKT
EXAMPLE PREPARATION - SLOW BRAISED OXTAIL
Brown the oxtail:
- As with any stew, start by browning the meat well in a large, deep pot or casserole.
- This allows the meat to caramelize (Maillard Reaction), adding
incredible depth to the stew.
- Once the meat is browned, remove from the pan and set aside.
Make the stew:
- In the same pot, sauté the onion, celery and carrots until golden and just starting to soften.
- Add the garlic and herbs and sauté for another minute.
- Pour in the red wine and deglaze the pan.
- Allow the wine to simmer and reduce for a few minutes then pour in the tomatoes.
- Add the meat back into the pot and pour in the beef stock or broth.
- Add just enough stock to cover.
- Reserve the rest.
- Generously season with salt and pepper then cover and allow to simmer slowly for 3 hours until the meat is tender and succulent.
- Alternatively, place in the oven at 160ºC/320ºF.
- Check on the liquid level every 45 minutes and top up as necessary.
Finish the oxtail stew:
Remove the lid for the last 30 minutes of cooking and allow the sauce to
reduce and thicken slightly.
Serve with the sauce over a side dish of your choice.
Can be frozen for up to 3 months at -18°C or less.